Simple Ways to Generate Real Estate Leads
1) Host an open house :: Even if you don’t have any listings, ask some of the agents in your office if you can host some of their open houses. It’s a great way to meet the neighbors and pick up a few buyers if they don’t have a buyer’s agent yet.
2) Network, network, network! There are so many ways to accomplish this, from joining a local Networking Club to your neighborhood association or church. The most important thing is not that you just show up, but that you actively participate in events and committees. That way, people get to know you and feel much more comfortable working with you or recommending you to their friends and family.
3) Wear a name tag :: Now this is a little “old school” but if you are up for it, you would be suprised at how many people will stop you at the grocery store and ask you about the real estate market. Other than the $10 for the name tag, it’s free marketing!
4) (Old) Expired listings :: We’ve found that contacting expired listings from 6 months or a year ago is often more effective than going after those that just expired the night before. Usually the sellers are feeling frustrated about the process and overwhelmed with phone calls from 1,001 agents, but those that expired 3, 6 or 12 months ago are much more receptive to your call.
5) Offer a free market analysis to homeowners. You can send them to your home valuation request form on your website or use one of the landing page services, like HomeValueLeads.com, PrimeSellerLeads.com, Listings2Leads and many more. From there, you would just advertise on Google Pay Per Click (PPC), Facebook Ads and all of your social media pages.
6) Build a website. This doesn’t exactly fall into the “simple” category, but it can be a very effective way of generating home buyer leads. A good website would include an IDX (MLS feed), as well as detailed information about the neighborhoods you serve. Buyer and seller tips and advice are also great to add as well.
7) HR Departments / Recruiters :: Contact large companies that recruit and hire people who relocate to your area. Let them know you are very knowledgeable about the area and are interested interested in assisting the relocation buyers.
8) Host a Seminar :: A great way to get real estate leads would be to hold a free seminar or education session for anyone who is thinking about selling their home. You could cover topics like staging, which renovations get the best return, and strategies for pricing and generating multiple offers.
9) eNewsletters :: We love mailing to our friends, family and past clients every month using MailChimp, Constant Contact or Vertical Response. It’s a great way to share information with them about the real estate market, local news and also add a plug that you are here to help with their real estate questions and needs. The eNewsletter tools range in price from $0 to $25 per month and are really easy to set up.
10) Pick up the phone! Just like eNewsletters, it is important to reach out to your friends, acquaintances and family on a regular basis. Don’t be shy — ask them if they know of anyone who is thinking of buying a new home!
12) Market yourself online :: There are so many websites that will allow local businesses to add their contact information. From neighborhood websites to review websites (Yelp, Angies List, etc) and civic associations and newcomer guides. Many people who are moving to the area may find your info!
13) Coffee shops or co-working spaces :: Many agents spend their mornings working in a coffee shop or a co-working and it’s a great way to meet new people and start conversations about the real estate market.
14) Sponsor a local event or festival — or just set up a booth :: Not only is this a lot of fun, you will get to meet and talk with dozens or people in your community. Be sure to do something fun that will draw people to your both — a game, face-painting for the kids, balloons, a raffle or drawing, etc. Be sure to have a sign in sheet or a way that you can capture their information!
15) Farm a neighborhood :: A great way to generate real estate leads is to mail (on a regular basis) to a community. We highly recommend that you share valuable information — market reports, real estate trends, local events, etc — with them and not just send postcards with your picture and a generic “salesy”message.
Would love to hear your favorite ways to generate real estate leads! Please feel free to add them below…